Project Management for Success™ – 24 PDU’s
24 PDUs (17 Technical, 7 Leadership)
This exciting, three-day, experiential-based project leadership workshop that will provide you with the skills, tools and confidence to successfully plan and lead projects. We will provide you with a set of practical and proven project management templates that you can use after the training is complete. Throughout this course, students have the opportunity to apply what they have learned to a challenging and realistic project simulation. Topics covered include:
- Facilitating project kickoff planning sessions while working in a team environment
- Coaching and mentoring project leads and team members
- Implementing project management processes and best practices that are the foundation for project success
- Decomposing projects solutions into quantifiable and measurable deliverables using the WBS approach to planning
- Using the latest techniques for translating deliverables into accurate, detailed schedules
- Identifying the tasks and estimating the resources required to produce those deliverables
- Identifying dependencies and calculating the critical path
- Using effective techniques for risk assessment
Students will work in teams, planning numerous projects, practicing techniques, and presenting their solutions
Day 1: The focus is on proper project initiation. Students will learn how to quickly identify the vision, need and objective of the project. They will prepare high level WBS, high level Charters and Risk Assessments. Throughout they will learn leadership and facilitation skills necessary to be successful.
Day 2: Students will learn how to facilitate planning workshops; develop communications plans; create project charters; conduct risk assessments; and implement best practices for building teams.
Day 3: Students learn how to translate deliverables into accurate, detailed schedules; how to assign resources and estimates; how to track and control their projects.
For more information or to find out how we can provide you with an onsite class tailored to your environment, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678 325 1100.