- This event has passed.
The Program and Portfolio Management Advanced Certification (PPMC)®- 40 PDUs (15 Strategic, 15 Technical, 10 Leadership)
July 9, 2019 EDT - July 12, 2019 EDT$2,500.00
Join PMO pioneer and program and portfolio management thought leader Bill Stewart as he provides you with advanced skills, tools, and techniques for successfully initiating and executing programs and portfolios of any size and complexity. You will plan a program to transform your organization to successfully support project, program and portfolio management. You will learn how to link projects and program to strategic initiatives, prioritize them, establish and facilitate governance committees, balance portfolios, monitor interfaces between projects, programs and portfolios, manage resource capacity, develop heat map and establish and manage a stage gating process. You will learn practical and proven techniques for communicating with and managing sponsors, executives and steering committees and as a program manager, develop and lead a team of disciplined and talented project managers. You will leave this training with a comprehensive set of program and portfolio management templates and tools, a portfolio prioritization tool, tips and techniques that you can immediately apply when you return to your organization.
Key topics presented during the PPMC® 4 day training and certification program include:
- Conducting successful business transformations to project, program and portfolio management excellence
- Successfully implementing PMOs that transform corporations to a culture of strategic execution excellence.
- Identifying and linking projects and programs to strategic initiatives
- Developing, measuring and balancing strategic portfolios
- Implementing and using project and program prioritization
- Implementing and using effective resource capacity planning
- Implementing and using stage gating
- Creating effective dashboards
- Building and managing governance boards
- Creating business cases
- Initiating and planning programs
- Conducting effective benefits realization tracking
- Developing the program work breakdown structure and conducting bottom up estimating
- Developing and leading project managers
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative risk management
- Executive relationship management
- Managing vendors and contractors
- Identifying and managing program interfaces and interdependencies
- Developing integrated program schedules
- Implementing a benefits realization program
- Developing and using effective dashboard reporting
- Identifying projects in trouble and techniques for recovery
- Program and Project scope change management
- Capturing and reusing project and program history
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from the architect of the PMO concept and a thought leader in project, program and portfolio management and leadership. Contact Sean Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678 325 1100 with any questions you might have and/or to ask about Corporate and PMI discounts.
“I found your teachings and insight invaluable. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. From top to bottom, a great trip and well worth the time and investment.”
Paul S. Kandel PPMC
Strategic IT Project Management Lead
“Thank you for everything – sharing your knowledge about project and portfolio management… showing you genuinely care about people and assuring they learn the skills for success. I greatly enjoyed the program and hearing the examples of your vast experience.”
Belinda Smith, PMP, PPMC, LBC | Senior Manager
Aflac Worldwide Headquarters
“Thank you so much for the training. I learned a lot and am going to be heavily using it immediately.”
Sharon Sefcik Carroll, PPMC, CPCU | Director Governance
Contact Sean Boyle at 678-325-1100 or email@example.com if you have questions or need help.
Gain the skills and confidence to successfully implement PMOs and transform your organization to a culture of strategic execution excellence! The Program and Portfolio Management Certification was introduced in 2005. It is delivered by Bill Stewart, an architect of the PMO and EPMO concept and a project, program and portfolio management thought leader. Bill will share with you the knowledge and skills he has gained during his over 30 years of successful PMO implementation experience. In this experiential-based training environment, you will be provided with practical and proven project, program and portfolio management processes and tools. You will develop a road map to rapidly implement PMOs and EPMOs and a culture of project, program and portfolio management excellence. PPMC graduates demonstrate the skills, knowledge and discipline to successfully transform their organizations to strategic execution excellence. Many of our graduates are now C Level executives, applying PPMC techniques to transforming their own corporations.